These spicy black bean burgers prove that meatless patties can still be packed with flavor and protein. Given a boost of smoky flavor from our Chipotle in Adobo, this twist on an all-American favorite is delicious topped with melted Chihuahua or Monterey Jack cheese, avocado and the salsa of your choice.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 30 min
- Makes 4 servings
- 28 Ounces Black Beans, cooked
- 1/3 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Minced Onion
- 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Chipotle In Adobo, 1 from can, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Adobo Sauce, from can
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Mediterranean Oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Sea Salt Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Peppercorns Dustless
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Place about half of beans, bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, cumin, oregano, salt and black pepper in food processor. Pulse until coarse purée forms.
- Place remaining beans in bowl, and mash lightly with fork, leaving large chunks of bean visible. Add to purée, and mix well. Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add patties, and cook until crisp and lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to buns, and top as desired.