This striking, brick-red rice pilaf perks up any plate with its lovely color and nutty flavor, but is an especially complimentary side to roasted pork and chicken.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 55 min
Total time: 60 min
- Makes 6 servings
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Poblano Chiles, roasted, seeded, skin removed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Mexican Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Cups Ten Way Bean Blend, cooked
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Fresh Lime, freshly juiced
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro, for garnish
- Kosher Sea Salt Flakes
- Ground Black Peppercorns Dustless
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Bring stock to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer. Wrap thyme, bay leaf and peppercorns in kitchen cloth or coffee filter and tie with string, then add to simmering stock.
- Heat butter in large oven-safe pan, and add onion. Cook, stirring, until onion looks translucent. Add rinsed Camargue (French Red) Rice, and cook, stirring, until grains are opaque.
- Add salt, black pepper and hot broth. Remove herb sachet.
- Cover tightly, transfer to oven and bake until rice is cooked through. Fluff with fork before serving.