Dried basil leaves add flavor to a variety of dishes. It carries a fresh, green aroma with a hint of sweet licorice, making it a must-have for your spice cabinet. Our organic green whole-leaf grade of Holy Basil (aka Tulsi) is a mix of leaf and tiny dried flowers. The smooth, full-bodied infusion is sweet and spicy. Hints of anise and clove are present in the aroma as well as the flavor.
- Sprinkle it on grilled foods or use it to season tomato sauces, omelets, stewed meats, soups, and marinades.
- Basil is traditionally used to spice up pasta, meat, soups, and sauces.
- It is the key ingredient of pesto sauce, where it is mixed with hard cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil.
- As a flavoring agent, basil is best added at the end of cooking as the intense heat will quickly deteriorate its characteristic taste and aroma.
- In addition to its culinary uses, basil is used to add fragrance to perfumes, soaps, shampoos, and other body care products.